In the News
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, the Ukiah Senior Center announces the following changes to its services, programs and activities until further notice. Please contact Executive Director Diana Clarke if you have any questions or need additional information, at (707) 462-4343 or email@example.com.
The following services and activities will be available in Bartlett Hall during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
- Reception Desk remains staffed to answer phones and inquiries
- Sit down lunch meals are being replaced by take-out only meals. The regular monthly menu will be substituted for the following weekly hot meal menu beginning Monday, March 23, 2020. Take-out meals must be reserved a day in advance by calling (707) 468-9256. Meals are $7 each or a 5-Meal Card for $30.
Monday: Chicken with vegetables
Tuesday: Stew and salad
Wednesday: Lasagna or Spaghetti
Thursday: Soup and bread
Friday: Meatloaf with potatoes
- Morning Coffee Bar will remain open. Prepackaged snacks are available.
- Seniors are welcome in Bartlett Hall to:
- Pick up food snacks, take-out meals and coffee
- Watch TV news on CNN with adequate seat spacing for social distancing
- Use wi-fi for personal devices while maintaining adequate social distance.
- Obtain information on available services from Senior Center staff
- Groceries table will remain available with donations from local grocery stores for seniors to pick up on a first-come basis.
- All recreation and entertainment activities are suspended
- No card games, Bingo, Bunco, Movie Matinee shows, etc.
- No classes (writing group, quilting, computer lab, etc.)
- Mendo-C-Notes choir rehearsals are canceled.
- Seniors will be required to maintain appropriate social distancing in Bartlett Hall
- Persons who exhibit illness symptoms will not be permitted to enter or remain
- Buses will continue to run same days and hours, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Trips will be limited to:
- Getting food [grocery stores, take-out meals]
- Getting medical supplies [drug stores, pharmacy, Walmart]
- Getting to healthcare and medical appointments
- Trips not allowed at this time include entertainment, non-essential rides such as trips to cinema, casino, gym, hair appt., etc.
LUNCH BUNCH PROGRAM:
Suspended until further notice starting March 17, 2020
Continue services to seniors for meals, healthcare, activities of daily living assistance, meals shopping, meals delivery.
SENIOR PEER COUNSELING:
Continue activities assisting senior clients as appropriate to help with coping, isolation, activities of daily living, meals, etc.
Will be closed starting March 19, 2020.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we adapt to changing circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic. We will work to continue providing necessary services for our seniors and disabled persons while taking reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of all persons.